- Along with two other couples, we purchased ballroom dancing lessons and will start attending classes soon. We've always wanted to do it and when we received a great deal via Groupon, we just couldn't resist. We're probably not the most graceful people on the planet, but we'll have a great time laughing at and with one another as we cut the rug together. Look out Fred and Ginger!
- I'm finally learning to play the guitar. After years of SAYING I'm going to do it, I traded in the electric that I never played for a Martin acoustic and have actually been practicing regularly. I've got a long way to go but it's fun to have a distraction with a purpose - hopefully I'll be playing in church before too long!
- Angie's taking some Ethiopian cooking classes with a good friend (who also has two Ethiopian sons). They start on Friday .... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ...
- Some of Angie's dearest friends threw her (us) two wonderful baby showers. Even though it's sometimes been hard to think about baby stuff, it's been fun to get things that we know are for Tate. We've received lots of beautiful gifts as well as several gift cards to Target (where we're registered) and in the last few days, we've gone shopping for lots of things which we still needed ... a high chair, car seat, etc. Thanks to those of you who've blessed us with these gifts!
- We're probably going to join a gym tomorrow. With a discount from our health insurance it'll be pretty affordable and we need a constructive way to convert all of our internal emotional angst into calorie-burning energy!
- Last March (when we received the news that our process was delayed quite significantly), we packed up the car and took a spontaneous two-week long road-trip vacation to "escape." It was just what the doctor ordered and if our budget allows, we just might try to slip away for a special weekend getaway sometime this February.
- Oh - and Angie ordered a bunch of cheap Jane Austen movies from amazon.com. She's been watching them over and over and over and over and over ... and over ... that weekend getaway might be moving up the priority list.
Any suggestions for other ways we can beat the blues?